I discovered an amazingly delicious and simple dessert go-to item this weekend. BANANAS!!! I never thought 1 fruit could make such a scrumptious and decadent dessert. (well I ate BOTH of these for breakfast…but hey!)
Now, when I say simple, I seriously mean it. These both take under 2 minutes flat – no lie. This is raw food at its absolute best, the naturally sweet sugars are wonderful.
Side note, if you don’t know by now, one of my essential kitchen tools is my fabulous Vitamix. You could probably make both of these with a food processor or a blender, but I did both of these with the Vitamix.
Raw Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Probably the most simple of recipes. You can add raw cacao, berries, dried fruits, really anything that sounds good – this is just the simplest version and a good base for other varieties.
- 2 frozen bananas (if I don’t manage to eat all of the bananas I buy I freeze them. Just be sure to PEEL THEM FIRST, bc it’s really hard to freeze, then try to peel)
- 1/4 c to 1/2 c. water
- 1 tbsp. Agave Nectar
- small handfull raw almonds chopped
- 2 bananas (set a few slices of a banana aside to chop and use for the topping)
- 1/4 c. soaked cashews (minimum 4 hour soak)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. almonds (I didn’t have soaked almonds and honestly wouldn’t prefer them here. You need them to stay firm for the base of the crumble.)
- 1 medjool date (take the pit out. you can find these in the bulk section of HEB, Whole Foods, etc)
- drizzle of agave nectar