So I’ve been trying to put a little effort into my lunches lately, I think I am in a salad lull. We had these wonton wrappers left over from this AMAZING taco cups we made a few weeks ago. I’ll write a post on this recipe – but basically, I ordered the amazing Pampered Chef Brownie pan, that can do SO MUCH MORE – and we made these little taco cups with wonton wrappers as the shell. But we had a lot of left over wontons. So I got to thinking…what could I make with these???
I had cooked some cabbage yesterday, so I thought add a few other veggies, fill and bake. Surprisingly these came out SOO delicious – and the best part…it was SO EASY! 10 minutes prep and 10 minutes in the oven – done!
- Wonton wrappers (found in produce section, usually by the mushrooms and tofu, etc.)
- Veggies of your choice, chopped fine. I used: cabbage, carrots, zucchini and garlic – but honestly you could use anything.
- Oil (1.5 tablespoon)
- Soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Small cup of water (for getting your fingers wet to close the dumplings)
- If you want to add meat – some ground pork would probably go best.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- If adding meat – brown and cook the meat FIRST, then add the veggies when the meat is just about done.
- Saute the veggies in a tablespoon or 1/2 tbsp until soft and cooked. Don’t add salt – we will be adding soy sauce once cooked.
- Once cooked, add about 1/2 a tablespoon to 1 full tbsp and mix thoroughly. I added red pepper flakes to give it a kick.
- Grease a baking sheet
- Layout the wonton wrappers, fill with about a spoonful of the veggie mixture.
- Dip your fingers in water and wet the ends. Now fold the wrapper in half and seal shut.
- Lightly brush with olive oil and place in the oven for 15 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Serve with soy sauce or dumpling sauce. If you have it, its good to season with scallions and ginger.
These were so easy to make. I was able to pull it off with just some hodge podge ingredients in my kitchen. I LOVE when that happens. It’s also super healthy because its baked – great alternative to frying. Let me know if you like it!