My fiance made me go on a stupid diet. …Ok, I may need to lose 2 or 3 pounds, so no worries. But no way in hell am I buying Lean Cuisine or anything with the word “lite” in it. I am going to have to get creative with eating better and at the same time making deliciousness. So I start thinking, “well I can have tuna… but no mayonnaise or bread for an awesome sandwich…” So like I usually do, I just start grabbing ingredients like I am on a ghetto version of Chopped. This is the recipe I came up with: It’s tuna salad time!
In a bowl, I mixed:
- I can of drained tuna (in water. I don’t know why I had Bumble Bee’s but paying an extra dollar for tuna is WELL worth it)
- Few tablespoons of Thai sweet chili sauce (if you are trying to watch sugars, you can substitute garlic chili sauce)
- Dijon mustard – again just a few tablespoons to taste
- Thinly sliced celery – you can probably add some celery salt for some extra good taste
- and a few splashes of habanero sauce
The dijon mustard actually adds a bit of creaminess you miss from not using mayonnaise. And of course, Thai sweet chili sauce is good on everything… I put it on my Cheerio’s.
- Slice and sweat a tomato
- Slice jalapeno
- Spoon the tuna salad onto a romain lettuce leaf
- Top with the tomato, jalapeno, and sprinkle some pepper
Guess what? This is so freaking good, satisfying, light and healthy! I forgot I was on a diet.
And when I want to change it up a little bit, I grill some shrimp and placed on some romaine lettuce hearts in a small bed of Thai sweet chili sauce. Phenomenal!
I think eating light and healthy may be a bit easier than I thought. …Except that delicious tasty beer part…
Stay hungry, Houston – and keep on the look out for more coming to our new “Eating Lite” section.
These make me happy! And now I’m feeling like a G6.